Thursday, January 27, 2011

PUSH

On a morning when I just wasn't feeling super chipper (feeling a little tired, with a headache, and a little blue), my morning commute was only furthering my downward mood. Since the radio station I like to listen to plays a total of 4 songs which consist of early 90's pop music, Katy Perry, and Nickelback, I tend to listen to my iPod on my way into work. I wasn't in the best mood, so finding a song to listen to was a challenge.




I didn't sleep well last night thanks to a dog barking constantly...




I woke up LATE with a headache...




I had to sit through a light twice...




I got stopped by a train...




And then the perfect song came on.






"Push" by Sarah McLachlan




Every time I look at you the world just melts away


All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections


You've seen my at my weakest but you take me as I am


And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land




You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together


You're the one true thing I know I can believe in


You're all the things that I desire, you save me, you complete me


You're the one true thing I know I can believe




I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe


No matter what I say or do 'cause you're too good to fight about it


Even when I have to push just to see how far you'll go


You won't stoop down to battle but you never turn to go




Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me


There are times I can't decide when I can't tell up from down


You make me feel less crazy when otherwise I'd drown


But you pick me up and brush me off and tell me I'm ok


Somtimes that's just what we need to get us through the day






I heard this song and remembered just how blessed I am to have such a wonderful and understanding husband. He really does take me the way I am and he puts up with so much of my craziness that I am starting to think he is part Saint.




I am glad God chose a stressful and blue morning to remind me to be thankful for the amazing man he brought into my life.




Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary