Friday, March 4, 2011

I made a senior citizen angry




So part of my job is doing calculations for proposed buildings and putting these calculations into reports to be submitted to the city. A couple of weeks ago I completed some calculations for a retirement facility and then earlier this week I gave those calculations to the designer of the building, who happens to be my officemate (OM). 2 days later, he needed the calculations and couldn't find them. This is how that conversation went yesterday:





OM: Where are those calculations you did for me?



Me: I gave them to you the other day.



OM: Well I can't find them.



Me: I don't know but I don't have them.



[OM walks over to my desk and starts trying to look through papers on my desk]



Me: Quit looking at the stuff on my desk. Your calculations aren't there.



OM: [Slightly aggitated] Well would you mind looking on your desk for them because I can't find them?



Me: No I will not look for them because I know I gave them to you.



OM: [Officially angry with me] Well that is an interesting way of putting it. [Starting to yell at me] Well if they aren't on my desk (points at desk) and they aren't here (points at table) and they aren't here (points at chair) and I didn't take them home then WHERE ARE THEY?



Me: I don't know because I gave them to you.







At this point, the OM is pretty pissed off at me. He storms around. About ten minutes later, I hear this:







OM: I found them.



They were on his table.



Me: I figured you would because I knew you had them.



OM: Well it's not that I didn't believe you.



Me: It sure sounds like it because you were getting pretty pissy with me.







He hasn't spoken to me since.




Hooray for Friday!!







Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary