Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful for Asphalt Monkey Work

Having a rough day. I can't and don't really want to get into it on a blog.

As for asphalt...

I have been working on an asphalt design for a project for a while. I made this huge Excel spreadsheet as a way to analyze the depths needed. I am actually pretty proud of my spreadsheet. Only problem is you have to use SOLVER about a billion times, once for each section of the road. This means I got to spend a lot of time punching keys like a monkey.

Now I have to make some modifications to the design which means I have to do it ALL. OVER. AGAIN. More monkey work for me.

But on a day like today, where I am feeling BLUE and have already cried while watching an old episode of The Practice (which I have already seen), I am so grateful for my monkey work. I will be able to zone out with some music playing and type type type away.

Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary