Another fantastic Friday is here and I am GLAD. The time change has really kicked my youknowwhat and I am in need of some rest. Of course, naturally, I have accidentally jam packed our weekend, so rest might be a tad difficult. But we will do what we can, I suppose.
In contemplating this week's list, I thought about listing all the embarrassing things I did this week. Like when I walked into a crowd divider at the pool last Sunday. Or when I was walking to a luncheon with a colleague and my purse came apart, falling to the ground. Or when I used a piece of equipment at the gym improperly in front of a BUNCH of people. But I'm not going to. Because I am going to pretend like those things didn't happen. So you get this instead...
1. Our house is bad. It's not dirty, per se. Messy might be a better way to describe it. It just has stuff everywhere. Everywhere might be an exaggeration. The table and the stairs. I guess the clutter doesn't bother Phil as much as it does me. I need to find some time this weekend to do a little filing, hang up some clothes, do and fold laundry. I see my rest disappearing.
2. You know who else the time change has been hard on? This guy...
He's adjusted pretty well except that one of his naps has gotten REALLY short. So short that daycare is thinking he doesn't need it anymore. Since it is a race to get him fed at night before he gets so tired that he just smears food all over his face, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he DOES need a second nap.
3. I've had some really strange stuff going on with my milk supply this week. I went from pumping 16-18 oz per day last week, to nursing and pumping over the weekend, to getting 10 oz onMonday. 10! That's less than 2/3 of what I need for a day for him. I've struggled with my supply enough in the last few months that I had just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't make it to a year nursing him. At the very least, I would need to start supplementing.
I spent most of Tuesday drinking as much water as I could and eating A LOT. My supply shot back up to almost 15 oz. And then yesterday, I got 18 oz again.
I have no idea what is going on. But I guess I will go with it and just keep trying to drink my body weight in water. I had ordered some of Mrs. Patel's Chocolate Fenugreek bars to try and help boost my supply back up. They just came in the mail and I am REALLY hoping they will do the trick. I only have a little over 2 months to go!
4. Not that I need to turn this post into a virtual To-Do list, but I need to spend some serious time on my blog design. Phil and I have been married about 4 years and there isn't a mention of Henry in the "About" section of the blog. If only I could decide what I wanted it to look like...
5. I know the Girl Scouts have been out selling cookies, but I have yet to be harassed coming out of the grocery store to buy any. And ironically, this was the year I was going to do it. I was in the mood for a box of thin mints and decided I would purchase some the next time I went to the grocery store since there are always some parked outside the front door. But you know what... I haven't seen a single one. How is that even possible?
Maybe the grocery store kicked them to the curb? That seems pretty harsh though. I mean... they are Girl Scouts. How could you tell a Girl Scout she needed to sell cookies somewhere else? I guess then maybe she could get her merit badge in "rejection".
Or maybe there just aren't Girl Scouts in my area anymore. But it seems strange that there would be NO Girl Scouts. Where have all the Girl Scouts gone?
I will leave you with that gem to ponder. And I want cookies.