Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Family Recipes

I just realized tonight that I now know how to make recipes from both of Phil's grandmothers!

I can make deviled eggs the way his Grandma Janney made them. I learned from his Aunt Betty. Phil tells me they are pretty dang good. I have only made them twice but I plan to make them for our office Christmas potlucks.

Over Thanksgiving I learned how to make Coconut Cake the way Phil's Grandma Bloodworth used to make it. Phil's Uncle Van showed me (in actuality I stood in the kitchen and asked Uncle Van a ton of questions to learn how to make it. He obliged and didn't seem annoyed by me which is good). It was SO GOOD and I don't even really like dried coconut but I loved the cake. I am going to make it for my family's Christmas celebration.

I think this should earn me awesome wife points. And it is pretty much the only Southern cooking I can say I know how to do.

And I have to just put it out there... I can't tell you how to make either recipe. Family secret. ;)

Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary