Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Livers are important! Prayers Requested

Not sure if I have mentioned this in the past, but Phil's family had quite the family emergency in the beginning of August. Pretty sure I have mentioned this. Time for an update I guess...





Phil's dad's liver started bleeding one night in August. After being rushed to the hospital and life-flighted to another hospital, we found out he has Liver Cancer (heptacellular carcinoma to be more precise). They removed about 40% of his liver to get rid of the tumor. The treatment plan has basically been to wait and see if it comes back. The liver doesn't really take chemotherapy very well so it can be more harmful than helpful sometimes.





He went back in for a MRI before Thanksgiving to see if he had any new tumors (a sign of how aggressive the cancer really is). They found another tumor, but it is a tumor he already had that they missed the first time around. The plan of action was to go and cut off the blood supply to the tumor to kill it that way. That was supposed to happen A couple weeks ago. During the procedure, they found for some reason that they couldn't totally cut off the blood supply to the tumor, so plan B was to cut off as much blood supply as possible and use some chemotherapy directly on the tumor. So that is kind of where things are. He is just trying to heal from that procedure and deal with some of the lovely side effects of chemotherapy. I don't think they are as bad as full chemotherapy like some people have to have, but it definitely isn't a walk in the park either.





We are so thankful that Phil's dad is even still alive. I mean, if things had gone even a little bit differently in August, he probably wouldn't be here anymore. It is just another reminder of how much your life can change in a matter of seconds. I honestly think Phil's brother, who died in a car accident almost 4 years ago, was up in heaven, keeping his dad safe. Not everyone may believe that but come have a conversation with my about my sister and 2 oldest nephews and you might understand why I believe in gaurdian angels.








Anyway, we are heading back there for Christmas with Phil's family. Historically, his parents and I haven't gotten along that well. I don't know why. I'm as charming as a kitten. :) I honestly wonder sometimes if it isn't a geographical miscommunication or something.


So... Here is a list of prayers I am requesting:

- For the healing of Phil's dad.

- That is procedure and the chemotherapy work together to get rid of his liver tumor.

- No more liver tumors.

- Good guidance and knowledge for the team of doctors working on Phil's dad.

- Patience and comfort for Phil's mom. Between losing one son in a car accident and the other son to me, I think she might think the worst sometimes.

- Comfort for Phil.

- And finally, patience and understanding for me.



Thank you for the prayers! I hope everyone has safe travels for the holidays!


Love, Mrs. Janney

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly in my prayers my dear! Once that family gets to know that Natalie that I know..they won't be able to NOT love you!!! I am definitely keeping Phil and his parents in my prayers as well!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary