Monday, May 23, 2011

Home Day


I took Friday off of work to clean the house before my in-laws came into town Saturday evening.  I have been so busy lately, that I knew if I waited until Saturday to clean, I would be running around like crazy, totally stressed out, and be exhausted before they even showed up.


I spent the morning on Friday, running around like crazy trying to get everything clean.  I got the bathrooms all cleaned, kitchen and bathrooms swiffer vacuumed (LOVE that Swiffer Vac), all the floors mopped, the laundry finished, the house dusted, the table cleared off, and the kitchen cleaned.


Then my mom and I went to the Wild Pear for lunch.  YUMMY!!  I wish we could have spent a little more time visiting over lunch.  It was nice to spend time with my mom.  But I had a little more to do at home.


I had to run to the store and then home to make dessert for our dinner with Chauna and Gavin that night.  By the time I finished the dessert and cleaned up, I was EXHAUSTED.  So I plopped down on the couch and enjoyed staring at our new bookcases, TV stand, and a wedding picture.




I LOVE the picture we ordered from our wedding.  Seriously.  The only problem with having it above the TV is that I keep getting distracted while watching TV.  I find myself staring at the picture a lot.


Here's the picture:



I LOVE IT!!!  Oh my gosh.  Our wedding photograper (Miller Photography) was AWESOME!!  PS, if you look under Galleries/Couples and Galleries/Weddings you will find some of our pictures there.  We are beautiful people.  Practically models.  :)


I decided taking the day off to clean was AMAZING.  I spent most of my days off last year either preparing for the wedding or going somewhere (honeymoon, Atlanta for Thanksgiving, Virginia for Christmas).  There is something SUPER WONDERFUL about taking a day off and just doing nothing.  I really need more of those.  I may take one every 6 months.  I think they are needed.


Love, Mrs. Janney

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say, Wild Pear is the food we had catered at our wedding...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary