Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sense of Calm

Things have been kind of crazy lately.  Just really busy.  Like stuff every night of the week and full weekends.

I don't even remember what I did 2 weekends ago, but I know it was jam-packed.

Some of the things I have been busy with have been so much fun.  Last weekend, I spent Saturday as a judge for the Keizer Junior Miss/Distinguished Young Women Program.  I had SO MUCH FUN!  It is stressful being a judge.  And even though I was a judge, I was really proud of those girls.  I think because I have been a contestant, I know how terrifying the process can feel.  The fact that they all made it through is awesome. We also got to do a mock-interview with Oregon's Distinguished Young Woman and see her talent before she heads to Nationals.  It was SO GOOD!!  What an awesome talent!  I am excited to see how she does at Nationals. 

I hope I get asked to be a judge again or to help out in another capacity.  I even signed Joanna up to do it in the future.  Joanna was Klamath Fall's Junior Miss (that's how we met).

Then I spent Sunday helping Tegan with her wedding invitiations.  They look great!  And we got so much done.  I felt like it was a very productive day.  I also got several ideas for her bridal shower.

So this week I have been trying to finish a few projects at home and finish up something at work while preparing for Phil's parents to come for a visit this weekend.

Throw in some complications of working with your family.

And  a messy house.

I am trying to not stress out.

But through all of it, I kind of have an overwhelming sense of calm.  And I swear it isn't from drinking.  :)

I just feel like things are going to work out.  I was fairly upset after a conversation with my uncle at work yesterday went south (aka he started yelling at me) but I didn't stomp off.  I didn't slam doors.  I didn't make a big deal out of it.  I left the room and went back to work.  I got stuff done.  And I was able to do that because I just knew things were going to work out.

And with Phil's parents visiting (something that hasn't gone so well in the past), I feel like it will be fine.  Challenging, I am sure though.  It is hard for me to get passed past hurts and wrong-doings.  But I am going to give it my best shot.

And it will be fine.  I just need to get my house cleaned.

Love, Mrs. Janney

2 comments:

  1. Cleaning the house always seems to be the worst part! Hoping good things come from this visit with the in-laws! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary