Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In-Law Visit

Phil's parents came out in late May for a week long visit.  I planned a couple of activities for us while they were here.  The two big ones were Astoria and a hike at Silver Falls.  The weather in Astoria was actually pretty good for the Oregon Coast.  I am pretty sure by the end of the Silver Falls hike, Phil's mother was cursing me in her head for suggesting the idea.

We all survived, so it is all good.

Here are some of my favorite pictures.








A shipwreck.  Does anyone remember the movie "Shipwrecked"?  I remember watching that movie with my brother, Nick, when I was little.  And it was HILARIOUS because he would narrate certain parts of the story for me.  Like when the boy finds the chest full of guns and swords and then proceeds to run on the beach, waving the sword through the air...  Nick would say, "I HAVE A SWORD!! YEEEEEEEE!!!!"  It was funny.













Phil's dad took pictures at these places too.  And I am pretty sure that 98.7% of his pictures were taking from the same location as mine.  He was tracking me.  I would take a picture and then move and then he would move to the same spot and take a picture.  It was kind of funny.

Sorry for overloading you with pictures.  But I think they are pretty.  And yes... Oregon is THAT GREEN.  It is the upside of having rain for 9+ months of the year.  That and fewer droughts.

And I am tired so I can't think of any stories.


Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary