Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More proof of my NERD-hood

This weekend, Rikkie and I are seeing this:


AND we are seeing it in IMAX 3D.  I am so excited!!! 

Phil would never get into the Harry Potter books.  And I think that is a crime against our marriage practically so I decided to take matters into my own hands and read the books to him.  Turns out, it is actually a nice little ritual to do together.  In case you were wondering, I don't do voices. 

(ok maybe sometimes)

But Rikkie is really the only one of my friends that TRULY understands and shares in my Potter love.  I am not a crazy Potterhead.  I don't dress up.  I don't own a wand.  I just really like the books.  I am excited to see it with her.  And Rikkie (since I know you are reading this), I printed off our tickets and they are in my purse.

This time, I will try to NOT sit next to a large lady that chews ice.  OH MY GOSH!!  One of my BIGGEST pet peeves are people that do loud/distracting things during a movie.  Put your cell phone away and stop texting.  Open your candy before the movie starts.  NEVER chew ice.  Ice chewing is disgusting.  Have you ever noticed that people rarely chew ice with their mouths closed?  It is true.

When Rikkie and I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, I ended up sitting next to a whale rather large woman who chomped on ice ALL THROUGH THE MOVIE.  A good 30 seconds into the movie, I asked her to stop.  And she didn't.  She liked to choose the quiet parts of the movie to refill her giant mouth with ice.  I seriously almost smacked the cup of ice out of her hand.  I was doing a cost/benefit analysis of doing that in my head for half of the movie.  I figured if I actually did that, I would get kicked out of the movie.  So I held off.

The next time I saw it with Phil, I purposely left 2 seats open next to me so I wouldn't have to sit next to a giant ice chomper during the movie.  The theater was only half full and 3 minutes before the movie starts, someone walked in with a 5 year old girl and sat her next to me.  That movie is NOT appropriate for a 5 year old.  Before the first 5 minutes of the movie were done, she had already told her dad she was scared.

I may run a small interview with whoever sits next to me before the movie starts.

I am not kidding.


Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary