Wow not a lot of blog posts this week. As much as time crept by when I was pregnant, time has FLOWN by since Henry arrived. I think it is partially his daycare schedule. Anyway... Here's a short list of randomness for this fine Friday.
1. My post last week about a few reason I won't miss breastfeeding is still true. This morning I have a meeting that requires me to leave the office early. And that's fine. But fitting in when I will pump got a little tricky. My choices were get up SUPER early or pump in my client's car. I chose to get up super early.
2. I haven't written anything in 30 minutes because I am mega boring I guess. Actually I knew I was crazy boring because I realized how much I listen to NPR. It's not that I enjoy listening to the news. I really don't. And I'm not a raging liberal (even though I am from Oregon). It just so happens that I can only listen to so much Katy Perry.
3. My mom sent me this picture yesterday:
It makes sense that he can hold his own bottle. He uses a sippy cup like a champ, who wouldn't he be able to hold his own bottle. But since he doesn't get bottles when I'm around, I had no idea.
4. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but did anyone else cry at the end of Grey's Anatomy last night? Just me? I kind of feel like a bad wife because I may or may not have ditched my husband so I could watch it. I'm telling myself that he needed to work, so I was doing a favor.
5. Henry did a wonderful job of sharing this last week and unfortunately for several of us, that meant sharing his lovely cold. I don't mean to sound like a big baby, but it is the worst cold I have had in a LONG time. I went through an entire box of tissues on Monday at work. I constantly had to sneeze, but couldn't so my eyes just watered constantly. I looked like I had just been dumped, my eyes were so puffy and swollen. And I am NOT a cute crier, so it wasn't pretty. Thankfully, as bad as the cold was initially, it seems to have faded quickly. I am hoping to be 100% by Monday and that Phil doesn't catch the cold too. Most of all, I am REALLY hoping that I did, in fact, get the cold from Henry and I won't actually get him sick.
That may have been the dullest list I have ever done. I apologize.
6. For a little while, I would put a random fact on Facebook every day. Some of them were pretty interesting. Like did you know that original duct tape could be boiled and eaten as an emergency ration? I've been kind of toying with the idea of bringing that back, but on the blog in some form. Because I'm a nerd and find random facts interesting. That might liven up the list.