Saturday, June 11, 2011

Unhelpful Suggestions

As mentioned earlier, I have been working on retaining walls for a few days.  A couple of days ago (when the wall parameters were really strict), my dad came up to me and was telling me about some of the information my father-in-law gave him when they were visiting a couple of weeks ago.

Apparantly, my father-in-law told my dad about how they used to use MathCAD for completing calculations (like retaining walls).  He kind of suggested we look into such a program for our design.

Let me just say that retaining wall calculations, while confusing and long aren't impossible to do by hand or in Excel.  And MathCAD costs LOTS of $$$$.  And we are in a recession, with shrinking staff.  Why on earth would we spend lots of money on a program we DON'T need?

My in-laws do this ALL THE TIME!  You don't ask for their opinions, but they tell you anyway. 

My mother-in-law has done it before with when we should have children.  I dare her to give me her opinion on that again.  I'd love to give her my opinion on her opinion.  :)

Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary