Friday, May 3, 2013

Five Things Friday

Apparently I only blog twice a week right now.  I'm not proud of it, but what can you do?


1.  So remember how I started this super quick blanket?  The pattern maker said it only takes her about 11 or 12 hours to finish the blanket.  So far, it has taken me DAYS.  I'm still not done.  Granted, I am making mine a little bigger than the pattern called for, but still.  Geez.  However, it looks really good and I know it will be a very cozy, warm blanket for the little guy if I ever do finish and if he ever does come out of my uterus.


2.  Through some unique and super clever brainwashing by my mom, I have discovered I have this compulsive habit when it comes to eating vegetables.  I have to eat them first.  No matter what.  And I have to eat all of them.  I need to figure out what trick she used to get me to do this so I can make sure to use it on all of our kids.


3.  I text messaged Joanna last week and asked her if when she was pregnant with Braxton (who was born about 3-ish weeks early) she felt like pregnancy would never end.  Her response:

"No because he came so early I never really felt that way."

Yeah I'm not talking to her anymore.

Just kidding.  I talk to her all the time.  I love her too much.  :)


4.  Phil and I are starting to get a little nervous about how the dogs will react after the baby comes.  Actually, we are just nervous that Cotton and his energy will wake the baby up.  A lot.  In a way, maybe it will be a good thing.  The baby will have to learn how to sleep through noise.  But if Cotton causes the baby or I to lose sleep, he will be in BIG trouble.

There is one solution... exercise the heck out of Cotton.  Thankfully the weather finally starting to be amazing here.  The doggies are going to get a lot of walks and park time.  In a way if feels like we are rewarding naughty puppy behavior.  But he can't help it.  He has more energy than he knows what to do with.  Plus, they look like this after they are properly exhausted:



5.  I'm racking my brain to think of anything else at all interesting that happened this week...  I've got nothing.  I suppose that is what happens when you wake up, go to work, come home and then basically go to sleep.  Tonight, we are going to David's T-ball game which should be nothing short of adorable.  I love watching little kids try to manage equipment that is technically too big for them.


I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Maybe next week I'll have a baby?  I can dream, right?

3 comments:

  1. We don't have dogs, but at our newborn class last night they recommended bring home something with the baby's scent to introduce to the dog(s) before bringing baby home from the hospital. They also said to make it as positive an experience as possible for the dogs and try not to scold them around the time you bring baby home, otherwise they will have that association with baby. Not sure if these things actually work, but they kind of make sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting so close to having your baby - how exciting! If you figure out the vegetable thing you must share. I can't get my son to eat any vegetables, or most fruits for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I find people who make patterns tend to be REALLY good at their chosen craft which also tends to mean REALLY fast. Keep at it! It will be a wonderful baby blanket.

    We're not having kids yet, but we've been talking about it more and more and I totally get how you feel with the dogs. Kingsley is the same age as Cotton (approx.) and I will be nervous about how they'll adjust to baby when we do decide to have children. You'll have to let us know what you learn about it when it happens!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary