1. When I dropped Henry off at daycare this morning, he was seated at the table next to his buddy, Blake. Blake and Henry are just a month apart and have been good friends from the beginning. Normally, Henry needs his food in the morning right away at daycare or he starts freaking out. But this morning, he and Blake looked at each other and started pounding their hands on the table in perfect unison. And it's times like that that help ease my mommy guilt for leaving him with someone else during the day. He's building relationships (and an immune system) and that makes me feel better.
2. I was checking over my blog stats the other day and noticed that one of my most read blog posts ever is the one about my Baby Weight. And really all this proves to me is that everyone loves a train wreck. Just kidding. Not really. But when bloggers do the weekly updates while they are pregnant and they put their weight gain, I look with fascination and then curse them under their breath when they say "I'm half way through and have only gained 6 pounds." REALLY?!?! How is that even possible? There's probably an extra 6 pounds in your bra! I'll be the first to admit I'm just jealous. :)
3. If you don't follow me on instagram, you probably haven't seen this picture:
He was starting to get grumpy and it was almost bath time, so I just took off all his cloths. Is there anything cuter than a baby in just a diaper? And the nice thing about him being a small giant is that the cloth diapers aren't super huge on him anymore.
4. Along those same lines, what am I going to do if Henry stays on his growth pattern? The kid is not fat. He is perfectly proportioned in height vs. weight. But he weighs about 30 lbs and the diapers are only good until 35. I'm sure walking will slow his weight gain a little, but I may have to upgrade to the training pants WAY before he is ready to potty train. Does anyone have any experience with this?
5. I went to a meeting the other morning and as the most important person in the meeting walked in and shook everyone's hand, he said, "I think I am going to go home after this. I'm not feeling too well."
Thanks for shaking my hand. Where's the antibacterial? Maybe in the future we can wave or fist bump when we start a meeting?