Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chocolate Milk

When I was little, my dad had to go on a lot of business trips. I was lucky enough to get to go on several of them but there were a few times when I stayed with my grandparents instead.

At the time the separation from my mom was really hard. That coupled with the giant Virgin Mary night light my grandma would keep in my room.

But there are a few things about staying with my grandma and grandpa that were always a plus.

1) Feeding the cows with Grandpa.

2) Grandma always had Fruitie Pebbles. I STILL loves those all the time.

3) Chocolate Milk

My grandpa had Parkinson's Disease and by the time I was 5 or 6, he was already having some mobility issues. And I think with every meal, my grandma would serve Grandpa some chocolate milk in those small teal plastic cups with a straw. I always got a little cup too. Not too much. There had to be enough for Grandpa. :)



I love chocolate milk. And I like that it reminds me of my grandpa.


Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary