Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grad School Rafting Trip



The last weekend of July, our friends from grad school all headed out for our annual rafting trip.  I couldn't raft this year (because of a bug bite... LONG STORY), so Taylor and I held down the fort at the camp site while everyone rafted.  I was a little stressful to be camping, with no electricity, no cell phone, no running water, no toilets while my husband was unreachable rafting without an actual raft guide...


I was a little anxious.


Not to mention it was H.O.T. and the bugs were out in FULL FORCE.  To avoid the sun and the bugs, I just stayed in the tent mostly.  It was probably at least 10 degrees warmer in the tent than out of it.  But it was really nice to just lounge around and read.





Everyone made it back safely.  After 6.5 hours.  Thank goodness I had my fierce guard dog with me to keep me company.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary