Tuesday, January 8, 2013
21 Week Bathroom Pic
In hindsight, that title sounds a little gross. But you know what I mean.
I've resorted to taking pictures of myself in the bathroom at work. It is partially because I go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME (actually it isn't that bad) and mostly because I find about 100 excuses to not do the fancy pictures at home and then all of a sudden it's been a month and I don't have a pregnancy picture. Thank goodness for instagram.
I have night meetings all week. It is going to make this week FLY by. I kind of love being so busy you can't think about stuff sometimes. I thrive on being busy. It also means I have to dress nice every day. This won't be one of those weeks where I put on some yoga pants and pretend like they can pass as leggings or dress pants. There's always next week.
And I've got a thing for scarves right now. But I can't wrap them around my neck. I still don't think things around my neck, even though my neck scar is practically invisible according to these pictures. It's still there, I promise.
Here are some pregnancy related updates at 21 weeks:
- Baby boy is moving around LIKE CRAZY, but he tends to stop a little when Phil puts his hand on my stomach. It's just bad timing, that's all.
- We started our baby registries this weekend. It's a little overwhelming to think of all the crap they make for babies. I'm aware we need like none of it. Especially since the stuff our clinic sent us suggested we could keep the baby in a drawer or a cardboard box for the first few weeks. Like he's a litter of kittens or something. Needless to say, we don't plan on doing that.
- My propensity to retain water is even worse now that I'm pregnant. I truly believe this is related to thyroid hormones, although I have no proof to back this up. But I have found that if I drink 2+ liters of water, I don't feel like such a fatty. So that's my new goal. So far, so good.
- Phil's not a huge fan of the new inhabitant in our bed... the body pillow. I'm not sure I am either so far. When it's in the middle of the bed, it is literally a fortress between Phil and I.
- Honestly, I don't have many pregnancy complaints right now. I wish I could work out more and with more intensity. Everyone is so motivated right now and I want to join in on the fun. It's more my work schedule that is holding me back right now.