Friday, September 7, 2012

Bottle it Up

The last few days have been wonderful.

I'm trying to think of another time in my life where I have felt this good. Stress-free. Empowered. Grateful. Happy. Very in the moment. Optimistic
I honestly can't think of one.
Don't get me wrong, I have had LOTS of great days. My wedding day is on the top of my list. Finding out I passed the PE exam. The day Braxton was born. So so many more.
But finding out that this big deal... this thing that has caused so much stress and heartache... that has delayed some dreams we have... that could possibly kill me... it's basically gone. If I think about it too much, I start to tear up.

I know thyroid cancer is one of the most treatable cancers and that we found mine early. But it's still cancer. And the type I have just spreads to things like lungs, bones, the liver, and the brain. Finding out I had cancer, my first thought was, "What if it spread?". It was incredibly scary and something I wouldn't wish on my greatest enemy.
And I don't have it anymore! :)
We still have so many challenges ahead of us. Phil's dad still has Liver Cancer. Phil's so close to finishing his PhD. We're still infertile. I still own a business in a tumultuous economy.

But I'm healthy.

And I wish I could bottle up this feeling. There are challenging times in the near future and I know we'll have rocky roads throughout our lives. A bottle of this, right now, would be really helpful.

So I am going to spend the next few days relaxing and soaking up as much of these feelings as possible. I know I'll need it eventually.

{Since this post needed a picture, another Cotton picture should work}

6 comments:

  1. You are going to be a house of fancypants. You with your PE and Phil with his PhD. Andy has all sorts of fun letters after his name. PE, LEED BD+C, LC, Associate IALD, MA. I want to put BIC after my name. Bitch In Charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that you are feeling good! I know what you mean about bottling up those feelings and just holding on to them for a rough time. And I'll add that I absolutely love Cotton! We had a Brittany Spaniel growing up, Parker. He was the greatest! Such a great little personality in Brittany's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soak it up my friend! You deserve every ounce of it and I couldn't be happier for you. A very happy Friday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you!! Here's to hoping the good feeling lasts a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shannon's comment is cracking me up. i have BEO on the end of my blog cards but that doesn't stand for anything other than Blog Exec Officer.

    when you figure out how to bottle up all the good stuff you're feeling, let me know. i would love to bottle up some puppy cuddles.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary