29 days. 50,560 words.
I went from being like 8,000 words behind to finishing a day ahead.
Oh man... I am so glad to be done.
Don't get me wrong... my novel is NO WHERE near finished. Some time this weekend I realized that while my plot was all in the document, I had things laid out in the document in a completely weird way. There will be some major cutting and pasting when I get around to editing. But before I can edit it, I will need to finish writing it. There are some holes that need to be filled in first.
But none of that matters now! I did it!
I wonder who is more excited? Me or Phil? He left me alone last night for like 5 hours so I could write my last 5,000 words and just get the dang thing done.
Now he has his wife back.
Here are some of the things I am looking forward to doing now that I have finished my 50,000 words:
- Thoroughly clean my house.
- Write like a million blog posts, almost entirely about Baby Janney. You're welcome in advance.
- Get serious about doing something with the nursery.
- Do all the baby blankets I had planned to do last spring before and after I became radioactive. I already have the fabric, so I need to just do them. And now perhaps I'll just keep them all. :)
- Finish my nephew's birthday present. Did I mention his birthday was in February?
- Cook meals
- Go to the gym. I love paying for a gym membership and not using it.
- Get back to training Cotton. He's not going to become a Champion Show Dog on his own. He's not that self-motivated. Lazy bum.
- Prenatal yoga. Cause I'm guessing my totally inflexible hips aren't going to make childbirth any easier.
Obviously this list isn't all inclusive, since I didn't list naps on there. I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant. Naps will be a must.