Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Projects

I know I don't post weekly pregnancy updates like some wonderful bloggers do.  Truthfully, those posts look like a TON of work.  Plus they require weekly pictures to be taken and frankly, that feels like a form of torture for me at this point.  Turns out pregnancy + unstable thyroid = RETAINING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WATER.

Awesome.

Anyway, if case you were keeping track, I am now 34 weeks pregnant.  And I am currently wafting back and forth between feeling like time has stopped completely, 9 months is actually FOREVER, that I will never actually have the baby and HOLY COW HE COULD BE BORN IN WEEKS, WE HAVE SO MUCH LEFT TO DO, I HAVEN'T WASHING ANY OF HIS CLOTHES YET, WHY AREN'T THERE MORE HOURS IN THE DAY!

Thankfully, that's where nesting kicks in.  And I tackled a few items off my to-do list.

Since Phil and I were both diligently working Saturday, Cotton was quite confused as to why we were both home and yet neither one of us was available for cuddling with him.  He checked in with me several times during the day:



What this picture doesn't show is his desperate attempts to crawl on my ever-shrinking lap.  Poor, neglected dog.  What was Taylor doing all day?  Lounging on the couch like a good dog.  She's not as needy as the puppy.

He also proved later that he wanted to get work done too:


I should probably pull out my big girl camera to take pictures of my finished products, but that would require actually plugging the camera into my computer and downloading pictures (which I STILL haven't done from my baby shower a month ago!), so Instagram pictures will have to suffice.

I managed to:

-  Finish the chenille blanket by sewing on the trim (not pictured).  I always forget how long that process takes and how much I absolutely detest it.

-  Make two covers for the changing table pad.  I also discovered that this fit the cradle pad, which means I don't have to make a special pattern AND the sheets are now dual purpose.  YAY!  I think I still need to make two more covers, but those should only take about 30 minutes a piece maximum now that I know what I'm doing.


-  Make the carseat cover.  I know this is a totally NOT NECESSARY baby item (which is why I certainly didn't want to purchase one).  But since I cost me about $5 in fabric (plus some fabric I already had), I figured it was a worthwhile project.  Plus I kind of love how it looks.



We also attempted to take some baby clothes back to exchange them for larger sizes Saturday morning.  Of course, by the time we got to the store we had decided that we really didn't want to exchange anything and just ended up buying him more clothes.  I'd call that a win for the baby clothes industry.

I'm slowly but surely get things checked off the to-do list.  I think I only have a few sewing projects left and then some random things I need to get done for the nursery.

Slowly but surely.  Then maybe I'll use my big girl camera for the big reveal.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yea! So happy that you got some projects done. I can't wait to see the finished product :) if it makes you feel better, I'm a week ahead and haven't washed a single thing yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! You are so cute and hilarious. I am sorry you are retaining water so much. My Dr warned me that because ill be super fat in the heat of summer i'll probably swell up like a balloon! YAY! but these next 6 weeks will FLY by and then you will have your precious lil bebe in your arms. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary