Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day

I'm back!

I am really sorry for not blogging for the past week.  After my first surgery, I was able to think and write during my recovery time at home.  This time, I was not able to do that.  I got a cold the day after my surgery, which made the recovery process a little different.  Thankfully, I wasn't in as much neck pain this time.  The surgeon went through the same incision as last time and just made it a little bigger.

I thought I would share a little of my Valentine's Day with the internets.  :)  While some of you probably spent your heart day with roses and candlelit dinners, mine was a little different.  Still completely filled with love, but definitely not what you normally think of.

{Stephanie sent me this video of my youngest nephews wearing their "Thyroid Cancer Sucks" bracelets the morning of my surgery with a message that said, "Thinking of your today!"  So cute!}


{The night before my surgery, Phil and I went to church to pray with one of our pastors and he presented me with a small quilt.  Some women in our church make them and people who are admitted to the hospital get one for their stay.  It was a cheerful way to keep warm.}


{Not really what you think of when you book a room for Valentine's Day:  hospital and your dad.  Also not normal, having your paper gown ripped off of your by a bunch of women.}


{Rikkie came to visit me for a while in the evening when I was in my hospital room, which was SO NICE!  Then when she went home, she sent me this video of her son Logan.  She told me when she got home he asked her first if I was ok, then asked why I had to have surgery, and then asked what surgery was.  I love little kids.  They are SO CUTE!}

I felt very loved this Valentine's Day.  And I hope I NEVER have another Valentine's Day like it in the future.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO glad I didn't get your text telling me not to come! I Love you sugar :) and I'm still so glad this part of the journey is over!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary