Friday, July 6, 2012

Random Recap

I've been wanting to do another random recap for a while now.  And I figured Follow Friday was the perfect excuse.  Here are a few random thoughts from the last week:

-  Yesterday morning I was driving to do a site inspection and I noticed I was driving through bubbles which seemed pretty odd.  Why were there bubbles on a major road?  A couple minutes later I was stopped at a light, a few cars back.  That is when I noticed an older woman (in her mid to late fifties) with a bubble gun.  And she was sticking it out the window to blow bubbles.  It was kind of weird, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

-  I read somewhere that the type of thyroid cancer I have and enlarged thyroids (goitars) can be caused by iodine deficiency.  I kind of buy that I wasn't getting enough iodine.  I never use salt and for a while there I didn't eat a balanced diet.  But one of the ways to keep the cancer from coming back is to get plenty of iodine.  I am taking this as an excuse to eat as much dairy as I want (since dairy is filthy with iodine).  Lattes, Root Bear Floats, Cheese... we are best friends now.  I'm going to be fat.

-  I have a very boring blog name I think.  But then again, I am not sure how some people come up with their blog names.  It seems like two random things mixed together sometimes.   Maybe I should rename the blog "Spider monkies and Tutus" or "Popsicles and Springtime".  I have no idea.  Those are probably already taken.  If you have a weird blog name, just please have an explanation of it in your ABOUT ME section.

-  We are on day 6 with Cotton and it has been a very interesting week.  I will write more about that later.  But I'll just say I have already lost like a pound simply from not having time to eat.  And also, I can apparantly operate on interupted sleep.  I think that is thanks to my thyroid meds.  There need to be some side effects to being hyperthyroid.

-  I'm going to make Phil t-shirts for his birthdays and Christmas from now on with different phrases on them.  He's hiding his enthusiasm, but I know deep down he is looking forward to it.  The first shirt will say "Bazinga".

-  I broke my dad's push lawn mower earlier this week.  I think I am going to be grounded.

-  I think there were some pros and cons to the 4th of July being on a Wednesday.  On the upside, I LOVED only have to work 2 days before getting a day off.  It broke up the week quite nicely.  On the downside, I have been very confused all day about what day it is.  Yesterday I kept thinking I would be watching The Bachelorette all day.

-  And speaking of the 4th of July, I did NOT appreciate the fact that ALL OF MY NEIGHBORS were setting off illegal fireworks.  And neither did my dogs.  They are all on my list.

-  To finish off this random recap, here's a random picture of Cotton:


Melt my heart.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I would think driving through bubbles would be distracting, I wonder why she was doing that?
    Cotton is so cute! You must be in love :) and I like your blog name, I don't think it's boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Spider Monkeys and Tutus. That is the best blog name I have EVER heard. Popsicles and Springtime sounds like a legit mommy blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am in full support of all this iodine/salt eating business, I am here to help you in this endeavor. Just so you know.. when I go to the movies... I bring my own salt.. tacky?

    Oh Cotton, that cute little bug.

    About that bubble lady, one day I want to be that cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird about the bachelorette thing...Geoff was watching something weird while I was cleaning our bedroom. I looked at the clock and was like YES only 10 minutes til the Bachelorette is on! I was so pumped until I realized it was thursday :( Missin you darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, I need a bubble gun now. I'm gonna be obsessed with the thought till I have one.

    Happy Friday chica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at the woman with the bubble gun! That is so strange. I think I would have driven off the road if I'd seen that! :O

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary