Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm gonna be a writer

A couple of days ago, I read THIS post from Ashley at Calmly Chaotic.  She wrote about a website that challenges you to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November.  I commented on Ashley's post, saying that I had always wanted to be a writer and that she should totally do this.

Ashley e-mailed me back and we basically decided we were going to do this together.  Keep each other motivated.  And I am SO EXCITED!!!

When I was little, I always wanted to be a writer.  I started writing a few books.  They pretty much all sucked and were variations of other stories I had read.  Nothing really creative or new.  I did get a few chapters into a book about a pioneer girl on the Oregon Trail.  It was probably the most original I ever got.  My grandma read it and told me it was REALLY good.  :)

Lately I have been having a hard time getting motivated to write blog posts, so writing approximately 1,667 words per day will prove to be a bit of a challenge.  However... I think I can do it.  I really WANT to do it.

I still don't have a killer idea (although I did have a pretty crazy dream last night that could serve as inspiration), but maybe getting the words flowing will help foster a decent idea.  Or who knows... maybe that really weird dream I had will turn into a good idea.

My goal is to just get through it with some kind of novel that has characters and a plot (I like to set the bar real high).

I think Ashley and I can do it.  :)



PS- This post contained 282 words and I think that included the smiley faces.  I've got LOTS of work to do.

6 comments:

  1. You can do this! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of friends that do it and think it's great, though I am not one to ever do it haha Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that we're both doing it. I also have no clear plot... I figure I will wing most of it... but I did download Scivener yesterday and started taking the tutorial (there's a free version for participants)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can definitely do it! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an incredible goal! I hope you share some of the novel with us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...