Friday, February 1, 2013

Walk-in Closet/Nursery

I'm so excited today is Friday.  And that it is February 1st.  Not only does that mean that January is over, but it is my gorgeous best friend's birthday.  :)

I don't know why but I find January to be the most painful month of the year.  The world just seems darker once the Christmas lights get put away.  But now it is February.  We are a month closer to Spring, sunnier weather, seasonal fruit, and May.

And since May is inching closer and closer, Phil and I will be spending Saturday feverishly cleaning out what is currently our "closet" and what will be the nursery.

When we moved in, I picked the smallest bedroom for us to use.  I know this doesn't seem like the most logical thing to do, but I'm really weird.  It had to do with the way light came into the room.  To compensate for the tiny room and tinier closet, we branched out into another room to store our clothes and my grandmother's vanity.

Unfortunately, it has become the dumping ground for all the other crap stuff in the house.  It used to share that honor the office, but we have since cleaned that room up.  It's now in tip-top shape.

While our Saturday plans may some tedious and boring, I am so excited.  Once we get the nursery cleaned out, we can get it painted and then Phil can put together the crib and dresser.  And then we can move the glider up there.  And it will start to feel like a nursery.

For some reason, the nursery makes it seem so much closer and real.  Cause the growing, moving belly just wasn't making it real enough*.  :)


*actually the moving belly is pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for moving belly! Just wait until you get closer to your due date - that thing will rock and roll!

    And so excited for you to get started on the nursery. Ours was a storing place too - felt so good once we got it all cleared out :o)

    Anyway, can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary