Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Henry's favorite band

A couple of months ago, daycare asked us to bring Henry's favorite CD to class.  Every other parent brought CD's filled with children's songs and nursery rhymes.

We brought Carbon Leaf.

In case you were wondering, they are Henry's favorite band.

Can a baby have a favorite band?  I am going to say yes because he does.

Ever since his birth basically it is the one thing that is sure to calm Henry down.  He would be screaming in the car, the second he hears Barry's voice (the lead singer), he would instantly calm down.

Middle of the night scream fest... Carbon Leaf.

You might think I am exaggerating.  I'm not.  Here's proof:




EVERY. TIME.

And some more proof:



Youngest fan?  Maybe.

Just to be clear, Phil took this video while I drove.  Safety first.

I could have WAY more evidence since he gets upset almost daily in the car (he's not a morning baby) and I use Carbon Leaf DAILY to keep my sanity.

We have seen Carbon Leaf in concert almost every time they have been in Portland and we are very excited that we get to go see them again this week on THURSDAY!  We would take Henry but the concert is in a bar.  I'm pretty sure that is frowned upon.

We just aren't going to tell him.

So in case Carbon Leaf happens to be reading this... THANK YOU for being the only thing that soothes my son in the car.  I'm grateful beyond words.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I love that you didn't just bring another children's CD. My oldest daughter's favorite CD when she was born was the Les Miserables London Cast Recording, you put that on and she was instantly quiet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary