Monday, October 6, 2014

Pinterest: You win some, you lose some

Online tutorials/recipes... they can go either way sometimes.

When it comes to recipes, I prefer using allrecipes.com.  The recipes are rated and people can post their own tricks and tweaks.  But I took a chance when I saw this pin:

{Recipe found HERE}

I followed the directions, including the hints...



They looked good.  And smelled great.

They weren't crispy.

I may try to make them again, using another hit listed in the recipe of using 1/8 cup of pumpkin.  I think before then I will have to make regular krispie treats for Phil.  They are his favorite (along with brownies, in case you wanted to know).

We will put these in the Pinterest FAIL column until further notice.

But more often than not, Pinterest doesn't let you down.  And that was certainly the case for this:


{I have no idea why this picture is so crooked}


I used THIS tutorial and it worked great.  It took 20 yards of 4" burlap ribbon on a 18" wreath frame. I am so excited about this because I really like wreaths (which is random when I say that out loud) but I HATE the idea of paying a ton of money for something that you change so much.  So this one, I can just switch the embellishments on it to move it from season to season.

Pinterest WIN.

Still to be tested this week:


Honey Barbecue Chicken Meatballs from HERE.  They look promising.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh pinterest... I have had a couple of epic recipe fails!

    That wreath looks awesome for Fall! And I love the thought of changing it up for the season so I might have to try it out! I seriously lack in the décor department so any little bit helps right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have an extra 18 inche wreath hanging around, and I have wanted to try the burlap one, thanks for letting me know that tutorial works great! Have not bought anything, thinking they always make it look easier than it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Pinterest wreath was a fail!! I'm not a fan of pumpkin so I am with Phil on plain Rice Krispies, although I add cake mix (powder) to my Rice Krispies and we love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I love about pinterest is not knowing how a recipe or tutorial is going to turn out. I'm typically happy with the results I get but sometimes I just want to shake my head and scream that the recipe I used needs to be taken off the internet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary