Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Rocking Horse

A long-time client ours made Henry this wonderful rocking horse last year after he was born.  It is the kind of toy that you keep forever, in my opinion.  It is picture perfect.  The quintessential baby gift.

To protect it from the dogs, we put it up in Henry's nursery and told ourselves we would get it out for him when he was older and could use it.  I also told myself that instead of a thank you note (which I am terrible at writing), I would get a picture of Henry on the rocking horse and send it to the man who made it.  That way he could see Henry's enjoyment for himself.

Last week, Henry found the rocking horse in his room.  He picked it up and tried to carry it downstairs.  We didn't let him carry it down the stairs.  This was before the stitches were required, but I am fairly certain letting him carry them down the stairs would have had us at the ER a day sooner.  Once we got it down the stairs, Henry sat on the rocking horse and hasn't stopped rocking.





{I seriously need to learn how to properly use my camera.  
Henry's cuteness makes up for the poor photography I think}

I think we have a new favorite toy.  And that's good because I officially retired his trampoline.


5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through September Farm & I can't wait to follow along! I am also an Oregon girl so I love that about you. . . plus your little one is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! So perfect for this age too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your post on September Farm as well and had to check you out... Henry is so cute! And I love the rocking horse, such a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little horse is just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A long-time client ours made Henry this wonderful rocking horse last year after he was born. It is the kind of toy that you keep forever, in my ... rrockinghorse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary