Tuesday, October 21, 2014

No Control = Cooking

The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a struggle for me.  Some stuff at work has been really making me feel deflated.  And we are nearing hopefully the end of grad school for Phil which adds more stress.  Throw in some toddler tantrums and basically I get slapped with the following realization every day...

I am in control of nothing.

Of course life situations don't really change this.  We are never really in control of anything.  But with everything that is going on, I am feeling really helpless.

I finally realized that the way I have been coping with this is Pinterest (like HERE).  I have been doing A LOT of cooking lately.  New recipes.  Meals from scratch.  Cakes.  

Two such cooking excursions happened this weekend.

First, Braxton and I make pumpkin patches based on THIS PIN.


{Henry did a great job watching}


{Henry liked it}

Then I decided to make THIS CAKE while Henry napped.  I took it to a family birthday party and got LOTS of compliments (which weren't warranted because it's a box cake mix, but whatever).


It was an adventure in food coloring.


I am feeling an really intense need to create and craft.  Maybe it's the fact that I am in control of the outcome and I get to see the fruits of my labor?  I don't know.

But if you are getting a Christmas gift from my family this year, you can probably expect it to be handmade.  Pinterest and I have some work to do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about cooking and baking. It's like science, and there's something about making good food that calms you down- if you can conquer that science, everything else will fall into place/be good too. Stress relief.
    I hope all the stressors, though, do fall away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. make a burlap wreath, I just made my first one this weekend and it was so easy and fun. Now i want to go and get more colors to make lots of wreaths. Everyone is getting one!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary