Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Like Reruns

For about the past 9 months or so, I haven't been able to watch new movies.  Or really new television.

Movies come out that I am dying to see... we really don't see many.  So when they come out on DVD, we buy them.  And then I still haven't watched them.

Books that I have wanted to read... I'm afraid to read them.  I tried to start reading The Book Thief, but when I realized (about the first page) that it was narrated by Death, I quickly tossed that book to the floor.  It will soon be finding itself at Goodwill I think.

I got a spotify account and have been listening to Disney music.  I find it comforting.

We watched a lot of stuff that I have already seen:

Gilmore Girls
Friends
Big Bang Theory
Friday Night Lights
Harry Potter
Couples Retreat
American President
The Patriot
The Good Wife
Old Seasons of Big Brother
Disney Movies

Or we watch a lot of crappy reality TV, which Phil is not such a fan of.

I just can't watch new stuff.  Phil finally got me to branch out and watch some Duck Dynasty.  But that was really only after he told me about most of the episodes.  And I did watch Big Love for a while there, but I always had the option of looking up what happened on wikipedia or IMDB.

I know this makes me sound like 20 kinds of crazy-pants. 

Phil and I were talking about it yesterday.  I think it is because the drama on movies and TV shows just freaks me out.  Life has been so complicated lately and full of drama... seeing how things could be even more dramatic just freaks me out.  Phil's response was, "But it isn't real.  It is fictional drama."

And he's right.  It is time to put on my big girl pants and branch out.

But not tonight... So You Think You Can Dance is on.  :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to law school, I noticed a huge shift in my TV watching. I discovered the E! channel. I didn't really get into any new sitcoms or dramas and mostly stopped following ones that I had watched previously. I realized that, after subjecting my brain to law books and classes 10 hours a day, the last thing I wanted to do was think. Reality TV, the E! channel, and my beloved Disney/Pixar movies were a welcome respite after torturing my brain. And, for the most part, with the exception of Game of Thrones, that is still pretty true for me. I say that TV and movies are supposed to be an escape from our crazy lives, not add to the stress. So, I say that you should enjoy those moments when you can use your fave TV shows or movies as an escape from everything you've got going on :)

    -Mandy Guile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we canceled cable, my tv watching has been limited. Now I only watch the series that I have always watched (Grey's, Mad Men, True Blood, etc). Never anything new. I kind of like it that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh no pease try the book thief again! it really is amazing, not gruesome or terrible! i promise - "he's" a wonderful narrator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could watch the same episodes of Big Bang Theory, The Nanny, and Golden Girls every day and be 100% happy. Oh wait... that's pretty much what I do, with a little Flying Wild Alaska thrown in for good measure. I like to laugh with Sheldon, and reminisce with Rose. There's nothing better.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary