Thursday, August 2, 2012

Embarrassing

I go home every day at lunch to feed and let Cotton out.  Usually this takes longer than it should and I end up rushing back to the office.  Today was no exception.

But as I am getting in the car, some kids from the neighboring apartment complex yelled over at me, asking if I could throw their ball back over the fence to them.  I was in a rush and wanted to say no, but I kind of have this thing about being nice to our neighbors, especially the kids.  It's a survival tactic.  I really don't want our house to be tee-peed.

So I want briskly over to the other side of the street and pick up the ball.  Since I am aware that currently I have the upper-body strength of a 6 year old, I walked closer to the fence.  Once I was about 25ish feet away from the fence, I figured I was close enough and attempted to throwing the ball over the fence.

It hit the fence and rolled away from me.  Far away.  So I walked over and picked it up from under the neighbors truck.  I decided that THIS TIME, I would try kicking it over the fence.  Surely I could KICK the ball at least 25 feet.  I walked about 25ish feet away from the fence and gave it a nice solid kick...

Into the fence.

So I walk to get the ball AGAIN which had rolled EVEN FURTHER away from me.  I walked 25ish feet awa from the fence and decided this time I would kick it even harder.  I did and flew through the air...

Into the fence.

OH. MY. GOSH!!  This how now taken like 3 or 5 minutes and has been SO STINKIN EMBARRASSING!!

This fourth attempt, I decided to go old school.  Walk up to the fence and hand it to the kids on the other side.

It worked.

And one of the boys said, "Sorry if we wasted your time."

My time?  How about my dignity?

Who can't kick a ball over a fence?  Seriously.

I hate soccer.

10 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA. sorry. still laughing. i'm so excited you're on my color run team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation, I hate soccer too. And at least you were being nice, right? And making us laugh and have a great day :-)

    We still think highly of you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you are such a good sport! They probably thought you were just having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I'm positive they were very grateful (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I walked into a screen door once... went right though. That was a bad day.
    xx
    justyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha! love this!!
    just found your blog via #FF
    excited to follow along

    Montana
    saramontanasays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Oh well, at least you survived, and the children got their ball back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha don't feel bad, I can't throw to save my life. at least you tried!

    Have a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary