Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fresh

Let me introduce to you my food:




That's pretty much it.  Plus some beans and egg whites.

I know what you are thinking... sounds super duper healthy.  It would appear so.  Heck... I might even lose some weight on this diet.  I wouldn't be opposed to that.  That is, until I discovered these:



The most glorious peanut butter cookies there ever were.  PLUS... they are completely grain free (which means I can have as many as I want) and probably the easiest things in the world to make.  Here's how you do it:

1 cup unsalted peanut butter (aka ground peanuts.  Personally, I am NOT a fan of the Trader Joe's unsalted peanut butter)
1 cup sugar (ok that's a lot of sugar)
2 egg whites (no cholesterol people)

Combine in a bowl.  Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Remove before they completely cool.  Stuff your face.

If you can read between the lines here, these cookies are gluten free, dairy free, and kosher (unlike me).  They are however not peanut free.  Duh.

I am pretty sure this discovery will result in my gaining 5 lbs during this rabbit food diet.  Thank you THYCA Low-Iodine Diet cookbook.  I don't care.  I'm off to consume large amounts of unsalted peanut butter.

8 comments:

  1. oh those berries. I have been going crazy over berries lately. you know, Sherm was on a grain-free diet for a few months as a pup. and I'm sure he'd be willing to consume large amounts of unsalted pb with you as well. you two are like two peas in a pod. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm coming over. you just said cookies. and they're good for you. and me. and let's eat them.

    thinking of you. and cotton. and taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these cookies all the time back in university. so dang easy and sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I've recently started going to the farmers market, but because of our location there isn't much fruit to by. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My recipe is pretty similar, but I do 1 egg instead of 2 egg whites (which you obviously can't do) and 1 teaspoon of baking powder! It's makes them a little pouffier but still chewy! I've also been adding flax meal (not sure if that fits in your diet!) to make them a little healthier and I can't even taste it. I have a dozen that I just made last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had those cookies before... so good! Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary