Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Think Happy Thoughts

I've been having a rough couple of days.  I absolutely HATE waiting for test results.  Plus I found out that a baby (21 month old) we know (distantly, but still) has a very rare (but supposedly very treatable) form of brain cancer.  And someone else I know died yesterday from cancer.

It's scary.  And really sad.

I was all set to write a post about how sad and scared I have been/am, but then I thought better of it.

{image from HERE}

I can't let myself dwell in a dark and scary place.  Is life horribly scary and ridiculously unfair and at times extremely sad?  You bet.  But if we only focused on that, what an awful life it would be.  Plus, Phil gave me a small lecture Monday night about how I need to be more positive.  Like a LOT more positive.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure I will have a freak-out session today.  I'm sure I will have more than one.  I may even have a little bit of a Dr. Google relapse.  But I really just need to focus on positive things or I'm going to need some Prozac.  Stat.

So right now, I am going to focus on what is happening at this exact moment:


Cotton's Brittany traits are starting to really kick in and he is getting super cuddly.  It melts my heart.  I mean how could it not.  No joke, this just happened:


Plus I got my lazy betanya out of bed this morning at a nice early time so I could go grab a mocha from my favorite coffeeshop

And I think when my mind starts to wander to a place of worry, I am going to shift it and daydream about all of the things I want to do this fall. 

{image from Champagne Bubbles}

10 comments:

  1. Ugh. It seems to be that the world is throwing a shit sandwich at us lately. A good family friend went to the doctor last week because he thought he had the flu. Turns out, he had a rare virus that was attacking his heart. At 22 years old, he has been the first name on the national transplant list for 9 days. My heart breaks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that u have heard such awful news!!! I do agree w/ u about being more postive its something that I have to work on daily and I'm not going to lie its hard!!! So I'm sending u happy positive thoughts!!! & seriously ur puppy is freaking ADORABLE!!!!! So thank u for sharing the pic's of ur little furbaby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This world is definitely so scary! Anything can happen. But I'm one person who tries to think positive anytime I can. I mostly see the good out of things before the bad. I love your puppy pictures and how cuddly he is! Super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you missy! It can be so damn hard to refocus thoughts and energy, I tip my hat to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pups are a great way to be distracted and keep your mind positive. They are always happy and lovly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Shannon. The best thing you can do is find joy in the little things - like early coffee and cuddly pups :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry that so much stress and sadness is happening in your life right now. That sucks! It sounds like you could use a glass/bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. chin up, buttercup.. take those deep breaths, and enjoy the happier moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good advice! Sometimes it's easy to be distracted by fear. We just need to stay in each moment and trust we will be strong when life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for all the bad news lately :(

    On a happier note, Cotton is so stinkin' cute in those photos! Precious, precious little babay!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary