Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ferris Wheels, Funnel Cakes, and Fried Food - The Fair



I've been so stressed out for, oh, probably the last month and a half and it is really starting to take its toll on me.  I'm sure this is a surprise to no one.  But I think the combination of new thyroid hormones, Thyrogen shots, extreme stress and a weird diet have done me in.  I'm tired and get grumpy pretty easily.  Plus my appetite likes to play a little game of being non-existant to totally raging.

Before your mind goes there... no... I'm not pregnant.  What proof?  How about that wonderful blood pregnancy test I was forced to have that probably won't be covered by my insurance last week before my iodine dose and scan that resulted in a lovely arm bruise?  Will that work?  Ok. 

And I think if my insurance tries to not pay for this one, I am going to call and cry gender discrimination.  This will be the 3rd pregnancy test I have HAD to have this year for my cancer stuff.  The first two were urine tests that cost me $25 that were not covered by insurance.  For $25 I could have walked to the Walgreen's across the street and bought a box of 3 for less than $25.  Not to mention that my almost 2 years of trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant makes being forced to have a pregnancy test kind of an insult.  But I think if a doctor is making me take the test, my insurance should cover it.  If I were a man, I wouldn't even have to have the stupid test.

Did I mention I get grumpy easily?


The point is... I'm tired.  If you couldn't tell from my pictures, we went to the fair this last weekend.  And we did everything you are supposed to do at the state fair:  Saw the animals.  Ate fried food.  Walked through the exhibit halls to see the crap they are selling.  Get yelled at by a salesperson (more on that later).  Eat fried food.  Ride some rides.  Have a scone (or two).  Watch the boys get into a giant hamster wheel.


{Pictures are kind of blurry, but whatever.  You get the idea}

Why didn't I think of this?  It's GENIUS!  Another lost opportunity.

David didn't get his face painted like the last two years.  And he didn't say anything super cute or hilarious either.  But he did ride one of the big people rides and loved it.



Jeffrey and I rode the ride too.  But we didn't enjoy it as much as the girl next to us.


But he couldn't go on all the rides.  He was pretty bummed he couldn't go on the giant swings I made Jeffrey go on with me.

{Phil took this picture and I love it.  So cute}

Next year, David.  You'll be big enough next year.  Then your problem will be your dad letting you go on the rides.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Ever since Jestina worked a book release party that involved hamster wheel balls, I have wanted to go in one. I think that says a lot about who I am as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The giant swings are the only fair ride I will go on. Everything else makes me want to puke. I hope you ate an elephant ear for me, please and thank you.

    Do you remember when the fairgrounds had a horse race track? That was fun. I remember being 16, and I'm pretty sure, betting on horses. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the fair in sooo long. So glad you had yourself some fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chris didn't want to go this year. he's all, "the state fair used to be a lot more fun when they didn't have as many weirdos".
    sooooo... you were one of the weirdos this weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I went on those swings a few years ago and was so sick for hours afterwards! I hate them now! And those hamster balls? So awesome! I've never seen those before but it looks so fun. Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to the fair and can you believe I didn't eat a funnel cake. Although disappointed my butt said thanks. I hope your days are brighter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the photo of that random girl with her arms up is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos.. looks like you had fun. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun do those hamster wheels look! Hope you can regain some energy.

    Stopping by from the not mommy hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok that is just horrible. Gotta love the medical field messing with you like that.

    On a happier note, I love the children in hamster wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun! I love those big balls on the water, they are super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary