Friday, August 24, 2012

Visions of Sugar Plums

I'm all scanned and counting down the seconds hours until I can eat normally again.  While I do not condone eating your feelings, that is pretty much exactly what I will be doing for the next week-ish while I wait anxiously patiently for my results.

In actuality, the diet isn't the worst thing ever.  If I could add a couple of things to it, I would have been dandy (like a little dairy.  Perhaps some cereal).  Two weeks isn't super bad.  I'm not jones-ing for food quite like I was last time.  However, there is a difference.  Last time I wasn't on my thyroid meds, so I have ZERO appetite plus enough lethargy that eating was a chore.  This time, I'm rocking a ridiculously medicated low TSH (thyroid talk) which means I have the appetite of a 15 year old boy.

I already informed Phil that we will be eating copious amounts of food this weekend, to which he was a little shocked.  I'm not usual glutenous, but he will oblige.  It is in his best interest.  It's either eat or pace a whole in the carpet.

But really I don't want to eat anything disgusting.  I'm not going to take a bacon cheeseburger, dip it in a milkshake and then throw some soy sauce and shrimp on it.  Although now that you mention it...

NO!  Some of the things I want are:

A sandwich
Something with mustard
Egg Salad
Rice
Cream Cheese
Creamy soup
Brownies with a glass of milk
Flour tortillas
Cheese

None of that is crazy.

Now, please excuse me.  I am off to daydream about pizza.

 





6 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed and my thoughts positive for your test results! Can imagine very well you want to daydream about pizza after your diet!

    Enjoy all that food and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza looks delicious....I feel you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you get good results! my levels are out of wack too and i just need to be patient i guess. its no fun.... i sympathize! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adjusted my synthroid up again. Appetite and libido? Where did these come from? Sending positive vibes your way lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm pizza! Mmmmm chocolate milk. :O Those pictures made me hungry too! :O
    I hop your test results are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every woman deserves cheese in her life. Sending heaps of positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary