Thursday, March 8, 2012

Morning Commute

I know I have mentioned this before, but I share an office with a 72 year old building designer.  He is a very nice man who would give you the shirt off his back.  He also happens to be extremely negative.  Some days are better than others.  But on bad days, he sucks all the joy and happiness from anyone who walks past him. 

I believe he might actually have been the source of inspiration for J.K. Rowling when creating dementors (ok not really).


{image from HERE}

But I digress.

Yesterday morning, he told me a story about his commute to the office. 

Apparently he was at a stop light, in the left turn lane.  He was looking out the window, daydreaming, when he realized that the light had turned green and then red.  About the same time he noticed this, the man in the car behind him began honking and making all kinds of hand gestures.  As a response to this, what does my office mate do?

He shifts his car into park.  Opens the car door and walks to the honker's driver side.

I don't know if it is because I am a woman, but I would flip out if a driver got out of his car and walked back towards me.  Seriously.

The driver rolls down the window and my office mate proceeds to ask him what he is in such a hurry for.  The man yells at him that the light was green and he should bleepity bleep move his car.  My office mate replies, "Well why don't you get out of the car and we can talk about it."

The driver and my office mate begin a stare down.  They stared at each other long enough for the light to turn green and then red again.  Then my office mate very SLOWLY turned and walked back to his car.

My first thought (which I didn't voice out loud) was that I would have honked and made some offensive hand gestures as well if the car in front of me just sat at a green light.  In fact, I had done that on my way to the office.

My second thought (which I did share) was he was lucky he didn't get shot.

My office mate replied, "I don't care! I hate it when people do that."

Ok...

My office mate and I should never drive together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary